Ashton Deroy writes: Before this post is done I am going to address all the claims being made in this eviction notice. Then I am going to make a counter-argument and describe the heartbreaking personal situation of the female tenant being abused in this scenario. This is going to be heavily presented in the legal and conversational defense of the tenant being abused. Then it is up to public participation to handle this situation moving forward. This post is made as a witness to abuses from a Super Attendant to a tenant.
- Repeated harassment of another tenant intimidating language and false allegations – Jamie Macari has administered the house to directly benefit his participation within it. He does not grant tenants overnight visitation whatsoever, he has bossed both me & her around for matters within the house. He installed checks & balances for communal living that made this female tenant confided in me which made her uncomfortable. To put this in perspective we have an email record where they talk about organizing a house dinner & they threaten rental fines within the same letter.
- Counter Claim – The home did not have locks installed on Tenant dwelling units despite the Municipal laws of Kingston Ontario. Therefore it is clear that the one with the power to do the harassment and intimidation in this situation is clearly Jango Property Management & Jamie Macari. The second issue related to this is Jamie was running an Air BnB in spite of the fact he had no locks to protect personal tenant properties. Items went missing from this female tenant’s room when someone entered without permission.
- Making it hard for the Super Attendant to service the home – He claims this is due to false allegations.
- Counter Claim – Jamie Macari confronted this tenant who was uncomfortable around him. Jamie Macari has control issues demonstrated by the fact he doesn’t follow proper and professional protocols to contact tenants. Yet he calls these claims false allegations. To: Jamie Macari I encourage you to recognize the plain scapegoating you are attempting in this situation. It is fair to say while I am ready to admit and apologize for wrongdoing and harsh language. You have taken only steps under immense pressure to do neccessary improvements in the home. Furthermore, as a tenant I am leaving the house because of your personal behaviors toward me, not the female tenant’s actions as described. This is a classic Analogy at most of the pot calling the kettle black not a situation where you have been victimized. However, since you do not lack leverage in this scenario it is clear that you are not the victim of this situation. Herein basic legal terms is the Inequality of bargaining power. You also represent yourself as a tenant in issues of maintenance and as an Air BnB owner in situations of temporary stay services. I also believe that the home once audited will turn up in Jamie Macari’s name & not a holding company as accustom to property managers. Meaning this is a clear problem of individual landlord versus individual tenant with rental contracts executed in bad faith.
- Access to rooms – There may be an incident where she accessed a room that wasn’t her’s.
- Counterclaim – For the purposes of this I extend that she had permission to access my room by the entrance. My understanding is that any other room she has been in since being here she has always had permission to enter.
Proposed solutions: Damages have been imposed on tenants due to the rental agreements executed in bad faith. 1. We need to audit the property to see who holds the mortgage to sort the nature of this claim 2. The Super Attendant and/or Property management company have to answer for possible claims of negligence. 3. Damages & or amounts paid in security deposits need to be repaid to tenants. 4. Since no attempts were made to accommodate this female tenant’s existing disability due to her prior circumstances this needs to be handled as a classic scenario of a Property Manager/owner failing to accommodate someone’s disability.