Ashton Deroy Writes: I have been studying moral philosophy and I needed to do a shout out. Not a lot of people know this but I would consider Tracy Carpenter as the most moral person I know. She is a check & balance on bad habits. Great at encouraging better habits & she is an excellent adviser in Quality of actions.
We have to take inventory of the positive people in our lives. Especially as Autistic people living in intense anxiety. I just think with me studying Moral Philosophy on Coursera
I need to take inventory of who I consider moral in my personal life. I have written about family occasionally where I have said some have behaved in immoral fashion. I would include me in the bunch of them. However Tracy always talks about addictions issues, times where people lack moral character & she has given her friends much needed advice.
Ashton Deroy writes: Before this post is done I am going to address all the claims being made in this eviction notice. Then I am going to make a counter-argument and describe the heartbreaking personal situation of the female tenant being abused in this scenario. This is going to be heavily presented in the legal and conversational defense of the tenant being abused. Then it is up to public participation to handle this situation moving forward. This post is made as a witness to abuses from a Super Attendant to a tenant.
- Repeated harassment of another tenant intimidating language and false allegations – Jamie Macari has administered the house to directly benefit his participation within it. He does not grant tenants overnight visitation whatsoever, he has bossed both me & her around for matters within the house. He installed checks & balances for communal living that made this female tenant confided in me which made her uncomfortable. To put this in perspective we have an email record where they talk about organizing a house dinner & they threaten rental fines within the same letter.
- Counter Claim – The home did not have locks installed on Tenant dwelling units despite the Municipal laws of Kingston Ontario. Therefore it is clear that the one with the power to do the harassment and intimidation in this situation is clearly Jango Property Management & Jamie Macari. The second issue related to this is Jamie was running an Air BnB in spite of the fact he had no locks to protect personal tenant properties. Items went missing from this female tenant’s room when someone entered without permission.
- Making it hard for the Super Attendant to service the home – He claims this is due to false allegations.
- Counter Claim – Jamie Macari confronted this tenant who was uncomfortable around him. Jamie Macari has control issues demonstrated by the fact he doesn’t follow proper and professional protocols to contact tenants. Yet he calls these claims false allegations. To: Jamie Macari I encourage you to recognize the plain scapegoating you are attempting in this situation. It is fair to say while I am ready to admit and apologize for wrongdoing and harsh language. You have taken only steps under immense pressure to do neccessary improvements in the home. Furthermore, as a tenant I am leaving the house because of your personal behaviors toward me, not the female tenant’s actions as described. This is a classic Analogy at most of the pot calling the kettle black not a situation where you have been victimized. However, since you do not lack leverage in this scenario it is clear that you are not the victim of this situation. Herein basic legal terms is the Inequality of bargaining power. You also represent yourself as a tenant in issues of maintenance and as an Air BnB owner in situations of temporary stay services. I also believe that the home once audited will turn up in Jamie Macari’s name & not a holding company as accustom to property managers. Meaning this is a clear problem of individual landlord versus individual tenant with rental contracts executed in bad faith.
- Access to rooms – There may be an incident where she accessed a room that wasn’t her’s.
- Counterclaim – For the purposes of this I extend that she had permission to access my room by the entrance. My understanding is that any other room she has been in since being here she has always had permission to enter.
Proposed solutions: Damages have been imposed on tenants due to the rental agreements executed in bad faith. 1. We need to audit the property to see who holds the mortgage to sort the nature of this claim 2. The Super Attendant and/or Property management company have to answer for possible claims of negligence. 3. Damages & or amounts paid in security deposits need to be repaid to tenants. 4. Since no attempts were made to accommodate this female tenant’s existing disability due to her prior circumstances this needs to be handled as a classic scenario of a Property Manager/owner failing to accommodate someone’s disability.
Ashton Deroy Writes: Sedentary Female to Male Transgender persons ought to be a public health issue when going through Hormone Replacement therapy. Andro, DHEA, stanozolol, testosterone is an anabolic steroid. Beta-2 agonists can act as bronchodilators and increase heart rates, in addition to their mild androgenic effects.To mitigate the effects of this drug in Transgender Female to Male patients we need to enforce the fact that users of this drug need to get adequate weekly exercise to manage the effects on your body, to get desired results & to cope with aggression.
I love Transgender men from my family to my friends. However, the facts are the facts. A Transgender man on hormone replacement therapy needs to get adequate exercise. Cisgender people need 150 minutes of exercise a week. However, for Transgender men, I may encourage them to increase the exercise. For both desired body image and to quite frankly cope with possible roid rage from your hormone replacement drug.
Just like in the last blog I encourage Transgender female readers to try dance exercises to learn feminine expression. I will show Transgender Males exercises that I use to get in touch with my masculine side. As I have mentioned before on this blog I am a genderqueer writer who uses both masculine and feminine expressions. First is the abdominal assault link which will be in a clickable text format. Do not exceed an hour of exercise per day as a beginner!
For Transgender men I would have them do a lot of Strength training. To help them see more of the positive effects of their new chemical make up. Now, of course with strength training, I recommend doing a little core. With Strength, you can bulk up in the arms & bloat out in the middle, so I recommend doing core exercises sufficiently.
Now honestly, I wish I could say I encourage someone of steroids to workout less but the fact is after a while a burden may fall on you to live an active life. Definitely consult with your physician about how to approach this change as safely as possible. With Hormone replacement therapy a lot of the medicine is still improving to suit individual needs every day. To mitigate the effects of testosterone I can think of no better strategy than to integrate a fair amount of strength training into your daily routine to help handle the effects.
Personally, I do Strength training right before I go to see my boyfriend on weekends. It strengthens my arms, heightens my awareness & increases my energy for whatever is in store. It also has a key benefit of making me feel more comfortable in masculinity. I am not the most comfortable in masculinity but Strength definitely helps. It also helps my self-esteem that I am able to lift things some people can not lift. When I was at Giant Tiger on my recent placement with Keys Job Center? I was able to lift Banana crates the other staff could not by myself.
Ashton Deroy writes: Let us face it, many people among my income class do not desire to grow old. The tedious life of living poor in a country that increasingly includes the wealthy in the overdeveloped economy while leaving us behind. It is very tempting to quit this life. I am a Socialist who panics about the Social & Environmental decay of society. The future seems bleak & people seem like they have stopped paying attention to what Society needs.
The last time I was ready to call it quits on my life was 4 years ago at 22 years old. I turned off my brain & started doing crazy things. Like taking an ill-advised bus trip to North Bay from North York. Where the bus took me near a forest fire.
I got sick from smoke inhalation. This had me down for a week at a stranger’s house where I went to get high. This was the craziest place my declining mental health ever took me! Fast forward 2 years later.
I am in a relationship, near fixing my life & moving to a safer address as of March. What I discovered is? When you are looking to live a longer life there is something essential you need to do. Ask yourself “Who inspires you to grow old?”
Tommy Douglas was the father of Canadian Socialism. He was anti-war, pro-health care for all & he did economic reforms that saved a collapsing economy. Near 80 years old Tommy Douglas was struck by a bus. However, he recovered by his 80th birthday. He is a true symbol of Canadian kindness, resiliency & intelligence.
Not the biggest fan of her current Conservative stances. However in 2011 Grandma Pat & I both voted for Canada’s Socialist Party the NDP Party. Like it or not? Grandma Pat was a big part of the reason I became a Canadian Socialist first before I ever voted Liberal. For that, I am glad I had her guidance. Being a Socialist means you have principles of community, compassion & Sustainability. Being a Liberal tends to mean you stand on a meaningless Progressive mishmash of ideas. She is a testament to the fighting spirit of Rural Canadians & she is a part of a generation that raised Rock & Roll, hippies. Like my Dad and my Uncle Rick.
Kaylib is my significant other & my best friend. Truth be told I could see growing old in a dignified way with a partner like Kaylib. Around him, I behave rationally & really think things through. I would say that some of my best writing has happened because Kaylib got me to think more deeply about what I was going to say. The other part about Kaylib that inspires me to grow old? I really want to see the successful person he becomes. He is so intelligent & he understood Statistics in my Loyalist College diploma program when a lot of my classmates in 2019 did not!
This blog was written in 2020. A year that would begin a downward decline of public mental health. Statistically, Mental Health issues related to suicide are at an all-time high within Ontario. The CAMH wait for services is way too long. Yet mental healthcare remains primarily Privatized.
Today we are going to go back to Business as usual. Which is discussing my theories & observed realities on Socialism. Today I am going to share why I do not support Regressive Socialism. Like the Socialism you see in Religious Socialism (Cults) & Communist Socialism (Aggressive Nationalizing) .
What are my Socialist values then? Well, I prefer Socialism that actually still uses money. My Socialism focuses on sustainable economic development and access to essential services & an economic safety net. My version of Socialism does not like the Universal Basic Income at this time. Rather we focus on the democratization of the workplace. We also create a newer version of Economics which recognizes Ecological sustainability. Lastly, my version of Socialism uses humanism and recognizes human rights based on Canada’s beautiful Charter of Rights & Freedoms. Technically I use the modern Canadian model of Socialism which makes sense because I am Canadian.
Last week I ate at a cult recruiting restaurant. It was good Brazilian Style food. Too bad I will not be back. I preached to the cult recruiters about Human Rights. Then I realized I probably stepped on their toes for what they believed in. Take a look at this News article to hear what their faith 12 Tribes is all about. Click here to view this video.
As you can see they are designing a society centered not around Capitalism but around their faith. This religious Socialism also uses a disciplinarian approach to controlling the behavior of children. They describe letting go of Spanking as “Hell breaking out”. This is not the grand societal design I have in mind. I am against spanking period! I saw my mom’s old boyfriend Trent Gallant beat his daughters growing up. I have just had enough of that kind of behavior. Like I have had a lifetime of exposure of it & I am 26.
Faith + Socialism = Cult.
It is actually that simple. If you notice people share the profits of a religious operation for the interest of the survival of their group. There is no recognition of individualism or personal property. They are using symptoms of Socialism. Then mixing with faith with Socialism can quickly spiral into the radical design. Socialism is supposed to exist to heighten everyone’s quality of life. This form of Socialism however only heightens the quality of life for the spiritual leaders.
This is a little more complicated. Explaining why I don’t like Communist Socialism. Communist-style Socialism was brought about in Russia through promises of a Socialist paradise. What happened instead? Aggressive Nationalization of private resources, businesses & properties. As well as an installment of regressive style leadership & tyrannical government.
Communist Socialism looks a bit more like this
Aggressive uprising + Tyrannical government + Nationalizing everything – (All human rights on a political level)
I do admire the type of Socialism you see in a place like Cuba, although it has been making more progressive movements. Communism is looking beautiful. Psst whispers “If you don’t understand the political pieces whatsoever.” However, it is a dystopian society with a lot of ugly bits hidden. For example secret police, conspiracy killings & in the case of China a hidden truth about ecological collapse.
When we look at Socialism? We have to look at installing a practical model based on our democratic values as well as the successes of Capitalism. I look at Progressive Socialism as more of an upgrade to Capitalism through the Labor movement, rather than
Ashton Deroy Writes: Hey readers If you have read my blog for a while you know I like to ruffle a few feathers sometimes. To be honest, if you run a blog, it is something you have to do in order to boost your ratings. People love rivalries, think about it. Socialists versus Capitalism. Ronda Rousey vs Miesha Tate & Global warming vs Oil companies. Rivalries are unavoidable entertainment.
For me, rivalries have been ideological, professional or just that people annoyed me! Most times rivalries get posted on my blog & go to the top of my ratings. Especially when it involves someone who is locally infamous. This is going to look at rivalries from politics & entertainment. Here are the top 3 rivalries from the blog.
- Paul Bell – Paul Bell was running for Belleville Ontario’s City Council. I simply couldn’t have him run in a city election without destroying his search engine presence. I mean he had the audacity to hand my brother an anti-weed pamphlet for his election. Then when we debated it, he tried to make a point that said more about needing gun safety regulations versus regulations against marijuana. No Socialists are hearing out someone who makes an anti-marijuana point. That is just a fact. This rivalry was met with a boost in the ratings & fan faire.
- Lily DeVine – Kingston & Belleville entertainer. Also a sad case for why drag entertainment shouldn’t be embraced by the LGBTQ2S+ community. If you want to read on my full Lily DeVine rivalry check out this post. Basically, she didn’t like me because I used to volunteer for Kingston Pride in 2016 for my Digital Marketing Graduate Certificate at St. Lawrence College. Lily DeVine get over it!
- Fido Mobile – I can’t say enough bad things about this company. They are overpriced, poor service & terrible to their customers. If you want to read on the issues I had in working for the company click here. Essentially I just think I don’t like the way they treat people. From employees to customers. Fido Mobile is just a crappy corporation we just shouldn’t do business with. Fortunately, a lot of people agree or the blog post would not have been checked out so much on this forum.
From politics to entertainment & even telecom companies. Rivalries have been good for this blog. I think even after I downgrade my plan & go to posting on a regular WordPress. Rivalries will still generate most of our ratings. People just love a good conflict and will go out of their way to check it out. I am a lower middle class, verging on homeless & a gay autistic person. I have a lot of things I could definitely turn in to extremely bitter words on a blog! As long as the writing helps me manage that anger. Also, the result should be viewed for people’s entertainment, then I think this kind of writing will continue to do very well for me.
Ashton Deroy writes: Maybe it took more time than I would of liked, but I finally got an assignment out of my Social Responsibility & Sustainability class that I am proud to put on my blog. This was graded 20/20. Partially this high quality work comes from finally getting on the same page as my Professor. However, partially this proposal contains things I had always wanted to talk about in regards to my experience in working for Hawkin’s Cheezies. Let me continue from here saying that all my blogs are posted as conversational pieces. This also just happens to be a portfolio piece.
To request an edit please contact me at 647-850-6802. Thank you for helping in ensuring my quality.
Hawkin’s Cheezies is a Belleville born company that is in the business of manufacturing fast food Cheezie products. From my family, to just about anyone in Belleville. Hawkin’s Cheezies creates some of our town’s favorite treats. Hawkin’s Cheezies was founded in 1952 by W.T. Hawkins and Jim Marker. It is a locally owned company, that does not trade on a public stock exchange. The company has a revenue of $26.9M, and 175 employees hired through their human resources partner ManPower.
Current sustainability efforts:
The company outlines no Sustainability efforts for ecological sustainability or Social responsibility. The company meets the legal standards set by Canadian Labor laws & uses their own set of values for their corporate culture. In order to talk about the culture of this company I will use phrases the company they themselves use to talk about their workplace culture. This way you can get a deep personal look at what makes this company so unique and valuable to the community within Belleville Ontario.
Small & Medium Enterprise (SME) – Meaning the company earns within 10 million to 1 billion a year in revenue. The company also has under 500 employees. The company self-describes themselves as a Medium Enterprise with small business culture. This is referring to their individual relationship with employees & the way their team works like a family.
Family time – This company recognizes Friday, Saturday & Sunday as family time. Therefore the company does not book employees to work on these days. Rather there is a culture of encouraging employees to spend time with their loved ones & rest up for work. This is what has made the job sustainable for years of employment for many of the employees & students.
Lean Manufacturing – The company manufactures products to fulfil actual customer orders. If the company does have orders to fill, then they cut the amount of labor hours they utilize for manufacturing. They do not implement a level manufacturing strategy that requires a consistent output that don’t fulfil the needs of the customers. The company takes waste seriously in the sense where they don’t intend to produce more than they can sell.
We care about worker success – This is not a cliche the company uses to boost their company profile. Hawin’s Cheesies puts in effort to ensure employees have long term relationships with the company & so that they grind out their skills
Sustainability audits – The company has no UN pacts & no sustainability goals. There is no process of internal or external audits in regards to sustainability. Just the legal audits associated with running a safe factory. They do tag out lock out procedures. They count days without workplace injuries, which was at 100 days communicated internally last I heard.
Willard’s 5 stage journey
- Pre-Compliance – The company meets the legal standards required for food manufacturing set by the province & municipality.
- Regulatory enforcement – This company meets the bare minimum requirements as legally required. They pay employees minimum wage, they get the Provincial standard for sick days. They handle their garbage disposal legally with the use of a commercial dump. They also transport their recyclable waste to a recycling plant at the end of operation days.
- Beyond compliance – This company is not at Beyond compliance.
- Integrated strategy – There is no integrated strategy for sustainability.
- Purpose & Passion – “We believe that people, our managers, our permanent staff, our temporaries and our students represent the brick and mortar of our company. It is through people producing the finest quality product available, we will continue to forge our future. We will always recognize that our customers are the vital key to our future. We are obligated to our customers to deliver the finest and we have promised to do so in full measure.” Hawkins Cheezies mission statement.
Hawkin’s cheesies is a work in progress as far as sustainability goes. Even for a Small & medium enterprise, there is a lot more Hawkins Cheezies could be doing for the efforts of Sustainability. This document summarizes personally conducted research as well as a bit about the culture. This company is not an early adopter for sustainability, it is not even in the early or late majority. This company is a Sustainability laggard.
Due to the fact the company is a laggard in switching to sustainable models of business. That means there are large quantity of changes that would need to be made in order to bring this company up to a modern compliance for a sustainable business. The most practical place to start for implementing sustainable practice is to eliminate plastic waste from production. I am talking about replacing the iconic plastic Hawkins Cheezies bags, with a sustainable product packaging. Secondly I would try to dedicate 25 working hours to humanitarian causes & lastly I would recommend calling out sexist language in the workplace.
The biggest issue in all the sustainability problems related to Hawkin’s Cheezies is by far the plastic bags. I would estimate the factory disposed of 180 gallons of defective plastic product bags a day. Then besides that there are the bags being bought by commercial and residential customers. There are reusable snack bags that could be just as effective for the company & could be re-used by the customers long after purchase. Use of these bags could both eliminate waste & replace a considerably resource wasting production process.
The company could also work to dedicate 25 hours a year to humanitarian causes. Right now Belleville Ontario needs help. The city has a growing percentage of homeless people, people suffering from hard to treat health conditions & elderly with lack of access to care. Any number of these causes could be taken on by Hawkin’s Cheezies and create a positive difference in the city of Belleville Ontario that would be felt in a massive way.
The last part I am ashamed to admit, but it is true. There is a major problem with sexism in the workplace at Hawkin’s Cheezies. The company culture could be changed in a way that would work to call that kind of behavior out. For example, a colleague of mine while I was there was sexually harassed by one of our barrel lifting employees. This problem is a worthy problem for their company to tackle as it does not just affect the interpersonal nature of employee relationships though. At Hawkin’s Cheezies they did not hire female barrel lifters simply because it was the company’s attitude that women are not strong enough to repeat the process of lifting 50 pound barrels for repeat execution. I am from a family where a lot of female relatives happen to serve in the forces, where they do this kind of lifting all the time. I think it is a massive waste of potential talent to dismiss women in their ability to lift heavy objects. Plus the process of doing this can definitely make a case for workplace sexism.
Honestly it is not that surprising that a Small & Medium sized Enterprise within the small town of Belleville is not beyond Regulatory compliance in Sustainability policies. It is a cliche about the culture of these businesses in small towns. However the company has an opportunity to make massive changes that can have positive effects within the community. I think if they switched to a reusable snack bag it would save them a ton of money & eliminate waste with terrible ecological effects. Hawkin’s Cheezies could also dedicate 25 hours of manpower a year to humanitarian causes that the company feels are important to their culture. Hawkin’s Cheezies should start to call out sexist behavior both in the workplace & around the community. It is time to make Belleville a more pleasant place for people of all genders and sexes to live.
Ashton Deroy writes: This is an emergency notice to my many Stoner friends on this blog! Right now there is a problem with Ontario Cannabis where people are receiving buds with mold. The OCS should be aware of this issue and re-fund receivers upon receiving it. Please do not smoke tainted recreational cannabis!
My social media ally Jacqui @Honieebean
Has been communicating this issue out through her Instagram. I think that is so important and I praise her for doing this. Over the weekend we will continue to announce this issue & hold a discussion on the problem. I think it is important for me as a cannabis advocate to be on this issue and communicating actively.
“When in doubt, throw it out!”