Ashton Deroy Writes:
“This place is exactly like many of the negative reviews. In fact, it’s worse. Mega clicky environment, if you don’t fit in you, ‘ll be either ignored, talked about or bullied passively by management and co-workers. Its who you know and those with friends here get the best shifts, can slack be late and they watch their backs and don’t get fired. Training is seriously a nightmare because it is so boring and made for 8-year-olds or younger. You have to sit in class and play silly games in a group and answer the most childish questions like why you shouldn’t say bad words etc.
If you are in a class where others goof around, are loud make rude comments and you complain, management will do nothing. They talk about policy and rules for bullying, harassment but there is racism, sexism and bullying and even when they know and it’s reported they do zero to address it. If you don’t want to play their games or join in in one of their huddles or food sharing then you will be hated and you won’t last there.” – Tech support StarTek.
This is a criminal offense & this is disgusting! We need to deal with StarTek in Kingston Ontario and assess the fact that at this time it does not fit into the Kingston Community ideals. Maybe we need to copy other communities and kick StarTek out of the community. All I am saying is definitely do not rule it out!
Kingston Ontario values equality, human dignity & living wages. We can not simply justify even leaving StarTek alone. They must be addressed with the full extent of our powers. This means sharing information on multiple platforms and continuing to follow up with bad employee experiences.
Demands at this time!
- StarTek must provide a living wage – This is non-negotiable. If you want to employ over 100 people in Kingston it is my social prerogative to demand you provide those employees with a living wage. This is the living wage…. https://www.thewhig.com/news/local-news/living-wage-gains-traction-with-city-plan MAKE THIS CHANGE NOW!
- Racism & Bullying must be addressed in a satisfactory way – This even means mitigating the bullying committed by management. No, we do not recognize your interpretation of employment laws and individual reviews! Stop bullying people out of the building. Again I repeat. MAKE THIS CHANGE NOW!
- Human resources – It has been brought to my attention by my network of ex and current StarTek employees that HR is currently just a pawn for Corporate interests. Your Human Resources needs to be reviewed by employees at StarTek and we need to determine if a conflict of interest is blocking the correct execution of employee rights as stated by law. Not as interpreted by corporate interests. If Human Resources is biased towards the company than they must be removed immediately. THIS NEEDS TO BE CHANGED NOW!
- Ex Employees call for the alienation of StarTek Booths at job fairs. Until such a time when their work standards are fixed. We are calling for unemployed people to not engage with StarTek out in the community. They are not welcome members of the Kingston Ontario community period!
- Sick notes are over & so are sick day limits – Workers must be allowed to regulate their own sick notes. Also to take sick days at their own discretion. No one chooses to get sick. No one skips a day of pay without thought.